Nikki Satira (she/her)
Nikki comes to Earth Path with extensive experience and training in the realm of nature connection and education. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies with a specialization in Environment & Culture and a certificate in Community Arts Practice. She has been working in outdoor education for 10+ years, having spent the majority of those years working with The Pine Project in Toronto as a Lead Program Instructor and Creative Director. She joined Earth Path as a Mentor in our Friday Nature School program in September 2019.
Nikki spent the better part of her early twenties exploring the wilds of Alaska, Yukon and British Columbia. She lived off the grid, had encounters with wild bison, tracked moose, made medicines from wild plants and developed a deep connection to nature and the surrounding landscape.
For the past decade, Nikki has been honing her skills as a naturalist, wilderness skills practitioner and educator. She has extensive experience training educators, managing large groups of staff and children, developing curriculum, and teaching wilderness and naturalist skills. Nikki is also an accomplished writer, musician, and is currently studying to become a clinical herbalist.
Training and Certifications:
- Bachelors in Environmental Studies spec. Environment & Culture from York University
- Certificate in Community Arts Practice from York University
- Wild Deer Adult Wilderness Skills Program Year I & II Advanced with The Pine Project
- Cultural Awareness Training with Canadian Bushcraft
- Risk Management and Emergency Preparedness Training with Chris Gilmour
- Standard First Aid and CPR “C”