Participants in our adult programs learn about local natural areas, plants, and animals through guided field walks and wild-crafting workshops. We also offer landscape interpretation for landowners who wish to learn more about their land.
Contact us if you are interested in having one of our staff lead a workshop in your local natural area, neighborhood, or home place!
Field Walk and Workshop Topics (sample list)
- Spring wildflowers
- Landscape interpretation (aka. reading the landscape)
- Investigating the history of your area- geological, ecological, cultural
- Traditional fire-making
- Wild medicinal and edible plants
- Phenology: exploring seasonal change
- Summer tree identification
- Herbal medicine making and cosmetics (in Wakefield)
- Other topics may be available on request